DesignerPosted: Wednesday, 09 January 2019 - Chicago, IL
We’re looking for passionate UX practitioners and UI designers who want to make the web a better place. We want someone who enjoys simplifying designs, making apps easy to use, and can intelligently explain their design decisions to non-designers.
Specifically, the following attributes are major positives, but not all are hard requirements:
- Experience working with clients or other stakeholders directly. A people person.
- Doesn’t mind a bit of travel, averaging every couple of months
- Has strong opinions about the best UX practices
- Familiar with all the best wire-framing and prototyping tools
- Has experience specifically designing apps for the web or mobile devices
- A keen eye for the proper use of type, space, and color
- Designs beautiful interfaces that people want to touch
- Can write HTML, CSS, and Less or Sass
- Not afraid of the command line (even if you don't use it much)
We also expect that you're proficient in many or all of the standard tools for web design, stuff like: Adobe Photoshop (and the entire Creative Suite), Git/Github, Axure / InVision / Framer, Bootstrap or Foundation, Coda / Sublime / Vim, Espresso / CodeKit / Macaw.
We’re a team of 20ish developers and designers located around the US, Canada, and even Chile. This is a remote position, but due to travel requirements, we have a strong preference for US-based designers.
Design the Future
You’ll work with clients to design applications by researching their needs, sifting through data, creating mockups and interactive prototypes, designing a perfectly polished UI, or tracking usability studies to double-check your work. The end result is a beautiful app that's dead simple to use.
In addition to client work, you’ll have the opportunity to shape a small and growing company by applying your talent and passion towards an area of interest. Bitovi's designers:
- Speak at conferences
- Give trainings
- Run meetups
- Maintain open source projects
- Write articles
- Competitive salary and yearly bonuses
- Bi-annual company retreats (previously in Austin, Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Amelia Island)
- 401(k) plan with matching
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health and dental insurance
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Work from home